Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"I'm a family law attorney."

I can't tell you how many times I have been at a social function, and someone would ask me, "What do you do?" Of course I would tell them, "I am a family law attorney" and then I would get that blank stare or, I would get, "Oh, does that mean you do wills?" So I decided to try to educate the non lawyers out there on exactly what a "Family Law Attorney" does. The area of family law comprises multiple areas such as divorce, child custody, visitation, child support, modifications of child custody orders, adoptions, grand parent rights, paternity, protective orders, prenuptial agreements, and spousal support, just to name a few. When you try to explain this to someone it usually sparks the response, "Oh, your a divorce attorney" to which I usually respond, yes. And while it is true, that every family law attorney is in essence a divorce attorney, it is important to remember that the area of family law incorporates much more than just divorce. Currently the Texas Family Code is comprised of five titles and 266 chapters. Provisions dealing with divorce make up only the first 9 chapters. That leaves 257 chapters dealing with other family law matters. So when someone says, "So, your a divorce attorney" it really leaves a lot out of what the family law attorney does.

Hopefully, this new blog will help shed some light on the area of family law. In future posts I will try to discuss various issues, not only involving divorce, but all areas of family law. Maybe I can give you, the reader, some quality information on issues involving you or someone you know. Check back regularly and maybe, just maybe you can surprise someone with your knowledge of family law at your next social event when someone says, "I'm a family law attorney."

2 comments:


  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer Dercum,Hpv,Weak Erection,Infertility,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease,Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease..You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “In short, this class is exactly what my wife and I needed. We needed a community of other married couples fighting to have sweet and adventure marriages for support… Before United Marriage, it was easier to point the finger at my husband   as the issue. Through each assessment of the course, I have gotten more comfortable accepting my flaws and communicating them to my husband   which has led to greater vulnerability in my marriage. My husband   has also grown more comfortable expressing his challenges in our marriage as well… It has shown me that good marriages require a lot of work and that nothing happens by osmosis. That’s why love spell has become a helper in our marriage which is possibly our biggest victory, before our successful marriage we had separated several times then I come across Dr Itua love spell which has really helped me get my husband back to my life, Dr Itua helped me with love spell when my marriage was going insane when my husband was having an affair outside but with the help of Dr Itua love spell I and My husband   are now happy, every day in our life is now a happy moment and we just have our third child Lori, I thank Dr itua for his help so if you are here facing hard time on relationship or marriage then this testimony is for you to contact Dr Itua for a help to keep your marriage or relationship Dr Itua contact, drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Then what's app +2348149277967  

    ReplyDelete